Criminal Defense Attorneys in Texas
Contact The Cochran Firm Texas for a free review and consultation of your unique situation.
Criminal Defense Lawyers in Texas
It is scary when your freedom and reputation are on the line. Finding a lawyer is one of the most important decisions you will make.
You need someone on your side passionate about proving your innocence and defending your freedom.
This is most serious type of wrongdoing. These crimes usually result in a sentence of one year or more at a state prison. Examples of a felony include:
- Attempted murder
- Setting fire to a property on purpose (arson)
- Using force, fraud, or intimidation to get some type of work or commercial sex act
- Not telling a sexual partner you are HIV positive
- Escaping from prison
- Helping someone else commit a felony crime
- Child porn
- Child abuse
- Money laundering
These crimes are not as serious as a felony but are worse than a ticket or citation. These crimes mostly result in a sentence of less than one year at a county jail. Examples of a misdemeanor include:
- Purposely using violence or force to injure or harm another person (assault and battery)
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Minor theft
- Owning or carrying illegal drugs
- Owning or carrying a gun without a permit
- Not telling the truth in court
These are crimes that violate U.S. federal laws are carry a more serious sentence than state laws. Federal agencies like the FBI and DEA handle these crimes. Examples of federal crimes include:
- Mortgage fraud
- Lying in order to get health or insurance benefits
Keep in mind, if your situation doesn’t fit under any of these categories it doesn’t mean we can’t help you. Call Cochran Texas at 1-800-THE-FIRM for a free review and consultation of your unique situation.